I’m about to leave on a work (kind of) trip and decided to leave my husband with my some treats. So I chose to make something easy [read: something I can knock out quickly and will still remind my husband what he’s missing while I’m away 😉 jk]. After going through my pantry, I decided to make some sugar cookies with my pre-packaged mixture, so if you have just 30 minutes to bust out dessert for any reason or have a strong craving for something sweet, try these out and let me know how they come out for you!
3-Ingredient Vegan Sugar Cookies – What You Need
- 1 packet of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix
- 1 tbsp egg replacer
- 2 tbsp water
- 4 ounces of vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- As the oven preheats, mix 1 tbsp of egg replacer with 2 tbsp of water and let sit for one minute
- As that sits, empty your bag of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix into a large bowl
- Add 4 ounces of vegan butter of your choice (I measured 4 oz. out on my food scale)
- Mix the butter with the cookie mix and add in the “egg” then stir, stir, and stir until it forms kind of a dough
- Take a spoonful into your hands and form into little balls
- Place the balls on your silpat or pan and gently push down, you can also smash gently with a fork for those artisan feels
- Pop in the oven and bake for 21-25 minutes depending on your oven–check how they look at about the 15-minute mark
- When they’re golden brown around the edges, they’re done!
- Let the cookies cool off of the pan, preferably on an elevated wire base
I noticed the cookies will be hard-ish at first but the next day, they were nice and soft!
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think and how it turned out for you!
Question of the Day
What is your go-to dessert recipe?