I was watching Ayesha Curry’s cooking show on Hulu (how cute is she btw) and she created this S’mores Dip literally 10 minutes before serving it. I don’t know if it was TV magic but she left the dinner table and minutes later, came back with a S’mores dip fresh out of the oven. Well dang, I decided to test if it was TV magic or not and decided it to try the S’mores Dip magic on my in-laws during a late Father’s Day celebration. Spoiler alert: It wasn’t TV magic. It really is that simple!
For you readers in the United States, 4th of July is right around the corner and S’Mores is about as American as one can get. You need this on your picnic table (be sure to use a coaster for pans!) Try it out and let me know if it was just as easy for ya’ll!
Vegan S’Mores Dip – What You Need
- 1 cast iron skillet (I used small skillet)
- 1 bag of vegan chocolate chips
- 1 bag of vegan marshmallows (I used Dandies Marshmallows. I think the minis work better than the larger ones)
- Vegan graham crackers
- 1 tbsp Vegan butter
- Place your skillet in the oven and preheat your oven to 450 F.
- While the oven preheats, bring out all your ingredients and prep the graham crackers by breaking them in half and prepping your presentation plate.
- Once the oven is preheated, carefully pull the cast iron skillet out of the oven and place on a heat pad. Add the tbsp of vegan butter and spread it around the pan.
- Add enough chocolate chips to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Optional: Mix in a bit of nut butter.
- Add enough marshmallows to create an even layer atop the chocolate – no chocolate should peek through!
- Optional: Sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon atop the marshmallow.
- Place the skillet back into the oven for 12-15 minutes depending on your oven (keep an eye on the marshmallow to see that it gets golden)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Serve immediately after with your graham crackers.
Question of the Day
What’s your go to backyard BBQ vegan dish to make or eat?