Fourth of July is tomorrow, which means a spread of red, white and blue indulgences on the picnic table. It’s the night before your soiree and you’ve nothing to bring. Well I have you covered. At most, this takes <10 minutes to make, but about 4 hours to set in the freezer so be sure to make this easy vegan dessert at least the morning of if not the night before your July 4th party or get together.
Growing up, my house was literally behind a theme park. Not right behind…but it wouldn’t be far from the truth for me to say that we could hear the screams from the roller coaster #funtimes. One of the perks of living so close to a theme park was the free, unobstructed fireworks shows, and that was the extent of our July 4th celebrations. I always envisioned myself as that single boss-lady who threw Pinterest-style parties that were so on theme. Enter: Frozen Berry Pie. Let me tell you that I 100% envisioned this to be a layered “red-ish”, blue and white frozen pie…but that it 100% turned into a purple mush. HOWEVER, the star sprinkles saved me. None the less, it tasted good and thought it was worth a share. Forewarning though, when you go to buy your ingredients, make sure the star sprinkles are at the top of your list–they’ll save you.
Vegan Frozen Berry Pie – What You Need
- Two large bowls
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries (thawed)
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 small cup (usually 5.3 oz) of vegan blueberry yogurt (I opted for Forager)
- 1 small cup (usually 5.3 oz) of vegan strawberry yogurt (I opted for Forager)
- 1 tub of cocowhip lite
- 1 pre-baked graham cracker crust (while not healthy, the Keebler Graham Cracker Crust is vegan, although it does have palm oil in it…)
- Vegan whipped cream
- …and lastly, STAR SPRINKLES
- In one bowl, add the thawed wild berries, the blueberry yogurt and half of the cocowhip and fold them all together
- In the other bowl, add the strawberry slices, the strawberry yogurt and the rest of the cocowhip and fold them all together
- In your graham cracker crust, pour the strawberry mixture then even out the top
- Slowly pour in the blueberry mixture being careful to not let it blend with the strawberry base if you can
- Top with sprinkles
- Let freeze for at least 4 hours
- Once it’s set, top with whipped cream, more sprinkles, and serve!
Question of the Day
What is your favorite pie? Do you have a no-bake one?